Each participant is allowed to participate ONLY in 2 categories. This rule is applicable across all types of cultural programs. Opening ceremony, Fashion Show and Kogile competition are excluded from this rule.
GENRE AND DURATION:
Modern (Hip-hop, Film or Fusion)
20 – 40 minutes
- 5 to 7 years
- 8 to 10 years
- 11 to 14 years
- 15 to 19 years
- Mixed age group
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
All performers must adhere to the General Navika-2023 Participation rules as well as those specified herein.
- Every performer in the group must be registered to the Navika 2023 event.
- Performers are responsible for their own costumes, makeup and props.
- Performers are requested to be mindful in choosing appropriate costumes to showcase the culture and community at the convention.
- Performances with top quality accompaniment music will be given preference.
- Group performances will be given preference.
- Adult groups must have at least 3 dancers on the stage throughout the dance.
- Non-adult groups must have at least 6 dancers on stage throughout the dance.
- Minimum age of participants is 5 years.
- All performances should be within the time duration requested during registration. Failure of which may result in closing of curtains.
- If there are repetitive songs from different groups, selection will be based on first come first serve basis.
- Executive committee’s decision is final regarding the stage allotment and time slot.
- All entries subject to an audition.
- Submit your entry along with:
- Application form.
- Audition video of
- at least 1-3 minutes – Classical
- at least 1-3 minutes – Modern (Hip-hop, Film or Fusion)
- at least 1-3 minutes – Folk Dances
- at least 1-3 minutes – Semi -Classical
- at least 5 minutes – Thematic Presentation
- at least 5 minutes – Dance Production
- A brief description of the proposed presentation.
- Reviews of past performances, media coverage, photographs if available.
- All decisions taken by the Navika 2023 Cultural Committee are final.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE & SEND THE RECORDED MEDIA TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submitting the entries is July 08,2023